Minutes 27th September 2018

Present
Penny Brandram-Jones (PBJ), Pam Apperley (PA), Mark Barry (MB), Tim Over (TO)
Julie Brandram Jones (JBJ), Andrew Eames (AE)

Attending
4 members of the public, Ward Cllr Durkin, Liz Parry-Jones (LPJ) Clerk

1. Apologies for Absence
Apologies were received from Adrian Harvey (AH)

2. Declarations of Interest and Requests for Dispensations
Tim Over DPI item 11 c)

3. Resolved: to consider agenda items 5. (Ward Cllr’s report), 11. (Planning) and 12 (Highways) next

4. Ward Cllr Report
Cllr Durkin spoke to his September Ward Report which had been forwarded to members prior to the meeting.

5. Planning
a. New applications. None
b. Further representation re application P174517/O. AH had represented the parish council at the planning committee meeting, his report had been sent to members prior to the meeting. It was noted that the application had been approved with conditions but that AH suggested that the matter of the new building being a replacement and not an additional dwelling had not been clarified. He proposed that a letter, a draft of which had been sent to members prior to the meeting be sent to the Planning Officers to be placed on file.
Resolved: to send the letter as proposed.
c. Application P181198/F. TO left the meeting. Copy correspondence had been received between a member from the public and the Planning Officer expressing concern over the handling of this application. Members noted that it had been difficult to make a valid comment on this application due not the incomplete nature of the background documents that had been available on the website. The applicant was present and commented that he would have been happy to provide clarification to members had he been asked. It was agreed that members should gain the necessary information to make a comment on an application prior to a meeting.
Resolved: not to take any further action in relation to this application
TO returned to the meeting.
d. Other Recent Decisions. None

6. Highways and PRoW
a. Report. The Lengthsman had been scheduled to do one day’s maintenance work in September but had not yet visited, Clerk to chase. The ditch from Sellack Boat to the river needs clearing, Clerk to ask the Lengthsman to establish if the outflow to the river requires maintenance by Welsh Water and to contact them accordingly.
b. Lack of Notice of Road Works. Concerns were expressed that there have been cases where no or only very short prior notice of road closure has been provided. Cllr Durkin reported that he has spoken to BBLP earlier in the day and had requested that they engage in greater stakeholder involvement and communication over road closures.
c. Walking Festival 2019. PA explained that the Heritage Group were willing to investigate hosting a walk around the parish as part of the 2019 festival but that the Parish Council would be required to make the application.
Resolved: to support the Heritage Group to gain further information on promoting a walk.
d. Works for the Lengthsman. Ditch at Sellack Boat, grips at Aramstone.
e. Works under P3 Scheme. Broken stiles have been reported.
f. Pothole reporting App. The new mobile App available from Herefordshire Council for reporting potholes was noted.
g. Defects to be reported to BBLP. None but Clerk requested to enquire as to why Lwr Ruxton Lane had been resurfaced recently when other areas seemed to be in a worse condition.

7. Minutes of Previous Meetings
Resolved: to approve the Minutes of the meetings of 17th May and 19th July 2018 as drafted.

8. Update on Action Points from Previous Meetings
Updates covered under agenda items.

9. Public Representations
None

10. Broadband Service to the Old School
A letter had been received from informing members that the new broadband provision at the Old School had much slower speeds that the previous provision and that this was causing difficulties for the Internet Café.
Resolved: to write to the Internet Café and invite them to submit a proposal for how a faster service could be achieved.

11. Data Protection
Draft Subject Access Guidance Notes and a Request Form had been sent to members prior to the meeting.
Resolved: to adopt the Subject Access Guidance Notes and Subject Access Request Form as drafted.

12. Parish Council Summit 17/10/2018
Resolved: JH and PA or AH to attend

13. Finance
a. Current Financial Position. It was noted that the bank statement as at 13/09/18 showed the following balances:
Current Account £6,939.78
Parish Plan Account £356.63
The cash book for 2017/18 showed the following closing balances at 13/09/18
Current Account £6,989.78
Parish Plan Account £356.63
A bank reconciliation had been provided to members prior to the meeting.
b. Payments and Invoices. None

14. Correspondence.
Noted

15. Supporting Information
Noted

16. Items for the Next Agenda
Walking Festival, feedback from Heritage Group
Draft budget 2019/20