Minutes 26th January 2017

Minutes of the Meeting of the Parish Council
Thursday 26th January 2017, The Old School, Kings Caple

Present
Penny Brandram-Jones (PBJ), Andrew Eames (AE), Andrew Barnfield (AB), Tim Over (TO), Julie Brandram Jones (JBJ), Russell Nunn (RN)

Attending
1 member of the public, Ward Cllr Durkin

The Clerk was not present at the meeting; the minutes were taken by PBJ

1. Apologies for Absence
Apologies were received from Harry Bees (HB)

2. Declarations of Interest and Requests for Dispensations
None

3. Minutes of Previous Meetings
Resolved: to approve the Minutes of 22nd September, 24th November and 13th December 2016 as drafted.
The minutes were not signed as no paper version available due to Clerk’s absence

4. Updates on Previous Action Points
All to be covered under agenda items

5. Report from Ward Cllr Durkin
Cllr Durkin informed members that Herefordshire Council was proposing a budget to include a 1.9% increase in Council Tax plus an additional 2% for each of the next three years for Social Care spending.

Resolved: to consider item 13, Planning, next

6. Planning
a. New Applications.
There were no new applications to consider
b. Recent Decisions
No recent decisions were noted

7. Website
RN proposed that all members consider the new site and provide comments prior to the site being publicised. RN volunteered to undertake training to enable him to be an administrator of the site.

Resolved: to consider item 11, Request for contribution towards a mini-bus service, next

8. Contribution towards a Mini-bus Service
A representation was received from a member of the public requesting a financial contribution towards a service to pubs along the A49. No information regarding anticipated usage levels was provided.
Resolved: not to make a contribution to this service

9. Highways and PROW
a. Report from Highways Liaison.
RN reported that despite attempts to contact BBLP (?) no response had been received.
b. Annual Maintenance Plan.
Resolved: to submit an AMP for 2017/18 as for the current financial year and incorporating the P3 Scheme.
c. Works to be Undertaken by the Lengthsman
RN provided a summary of the works undertaken so far this year by the Lengthsman and on the improved level of involvement from landowners. It was noted that the money spent so far in this financial year is less than the level budgeted for and less than the funding available leaving capacity for dealing with emergency events. No new works for the Lengthsman were identified.
d. Request for New Steps on footpath KC5
RN to investigate costs and report at the next meeting.
e. New defects to be reported to BBLP
No new defects were identified.

10. Provision of Broadband Service to The Old School
Resolved: to continue funding the provision of the broadband service to The Old School but to reconsider this item at a future meeting once the level of usage and the possibility and cost of an alternative supplier have been investigated.
RN to investigate and report to a future meeting.

11. Request for Contribution to Redecoration Costs at The Old School.
It was noted that this was a retrospective request. The opinion that requests for such contributions should be made in advance and supported by cost estimates was supported by all members.
Resolved: unanimously, not to contribute to the costs as requested

12. Finance
a. Current Financial Position.
It was noted that the bank balances as at 13/01/2017 (the latest available statement) were:
HSBC Current Acc £7,706.85
HSBC Parish plan Acc £356.63
and that the cashbook (payments and receipts) as at 13/01/2017 showed a working balance of £8,033.48.
A bank reconciliation had been provided to members ahead of the meeting
b. Budget and Precept 2017/18
The draft budget had been published. No comments had been received from the public.
Resolved unanimously to include the proposed increased contribution towards the Clerk’s CiLCA training due to the reduced contribution from Brockhampton with Much Fawley PC and to include for the provision of broadband to The Old School and to approve the budget as otherwise drafted. The Precept level to be maintained at £6,680.00.
c. Internal Auditor
Resolved unanimously to appoint Mr Ian Binns to carry out the internal audit for 2016/17
d. Payments
Resolved unanimously to approve the payments in the Payment Schedule (see below)

13. Neighbourhood Development Plan.
No report was available from the Steering Group

14. Standing Orders
Resolved: to defer this item to the next meeting

15. Agenda Supporting Information and Correspondence
Noted

16. Items for the Next Agenda
• Broadband service to The Old School
• Standing Orders

Payments approved at meeting 26th January 2017:

E Parry-Jones, Stationery, £15.32
E Parry-Jones, Additional hours extra meeting 13/12/16 3hrs, £30.00
E Parry-Jones, Website set up 2 hrs, £20.00
HALC, Training, £9.90