Minutes 22nd September 2016

Minutes of the Meeting of the Parish Council
Thursday 22nd September 2016, The Old School, Kings Caple

Present
Penny Brandram-Jones (PBJ), Julie Brandram Jones (JBJ), Andrew Eames (AE), Harry Bees (HB), Russell Nunn (RN), Andrew Barnfield (AB)

Attending
Liz Parry-Jones (LPJ) Clerk

1 Apologies for Absence
Apologies were accepted from Tim Over

2 Declarations and Requests for Dispensations
AE declared an other interest in item 7
JBJ declared an other interest in item 7

3 Minutes of Previous Meeting 24th March 2016
Resolved: to approve the Minutes of 14th July as drafted

4 Updates on Previous Action Points
All action points to be covered under agenda items

5 Report from Ward Councillor
Cllr Durkin was present but there was no Ward report for August as there had been no significant activity at Herefordshire Council during the holiday period. There were no questions for Cllr Durkin

6 Representations from the Public
Thanks were expressed for recent works by the Lengthsman. Members were informed by the Heritage Group that the Telephone kiosk has now been refurbished as a local area information point.

7 Neighbourhood Development Plan
A copy of the revised draft Plan had been provided to members prior to the meeting. The Chair of the NDP Steering Group explained the changes were as a result of requests made by Herefordshire Council, Welsh Water and Historic England at the Regulation 14 consultation stage. Thanks were expressed to the Mike Harris, Chair of the Steering Group, and the other members of the Group for their considerable efforts in getting to this stage of the Plan.
Resolved: the NDP Steering Group to prepare the Basic Conditions and Consultation Statements and to consider these and the draft plan at the next meeting for submission under Regulation 16.

8 Public Involvement at Meetings
It was considered that at the meeting of 7th September members of the public had disrupted the progress of the meeting by interrupting the members’ discussions. It was agreed that in future this intervention would not be tolerated.
Resolved: to ensure that public are informed clearly at the start of a meeting where they may sit and when and how they may make representations during a meeting and that should the meeting be disrupted by any persons they will be asked to leave the meeting and if necessary the meeting will be suspended, as provided for in the Standing Orders

9 Standing Orders
Clerk to send a copy of the current Standing Orders adopted at the meeting 19th November 2015 to members.
Resolved: to consider the appropriateness of the current Standing Orders at the next meeting.

10 Finance
a) Current Financial Position.
A copy of the cash books (payments and receipts to date) as at 16/09/2016 had been sent to members prior to the meeting. It was noted:
Current Account £9,110.57
Parish Plan Account £356.63
The latest bank statements (13/09/2016) showed balances as follows:
Current Account £5,770.57
Parish Plan Account £356.63
A bank reconciliation had also been provided to members prior to the meeting.
b) Auditor’s Report
The auditor’s report was noted.
Resolved: to ensure that the recommendations of the report are implemented for the 2017 return
c) Budget 2017/18
Clerk to provide a comparison of actual expenditure against budget for 2016/17
Resolved: to defer preparation of a draft budget to the Finance Working Group for consideration at the next meeting.
d) Invoices and Payments
Resolved: to approve the payments listed in the payments schedule below

11 Planning
a. Comments on new applications
None
b. Recent Decisions by Herefordshire Council
None

12 Highways and PROW
a) Update from Highways Liaison
RN provided an update. It was noted that the potholes previously reported had been repaired and that the Lengthsman had completed a maintenance day.
b) Works to be undertaken by the Lengthsman
It was noted that work may need to be undertaken to clear the ditch adjacent to the footpath KC10 at Sellack bridge.
c) Defects to be Reported
C1232 north of Upper Penalt pothole

13 Supporting Information and Correspondence
The Clerk had sent a request for support to complete the CiLCA qualification in 2017/18. The other correspondence was noted.
Resolved: Finance Working Group to review the Clerk’s request for support to complete the CiLCA.

14 Items for Next Agenda
• Budget And Precept 2017/18
• Standing Orders
• NDP approval for Reg 16 submission

Payments approved at meeting 22nd September 2016:

Terry Griffiths, Lengthsman works August,  £332.40