Minutes 22nd March 2018

Present
Andrew Eames (AE), Adrian Harvey (AH), Pam Apperley (PA), Mark Barry (MB)
Attending
2 members of the public, Ward Cllr Durkin, Liz Parry-Jones (LPJ) Clerk

Before the meeting began Cllr Durkin spoke to his monthly report which had been sent to members prior to the meeting

The Chair was not present so it was decided that AE would chair the meeting
1. Apologies for Absence
Tim Over (TO)
2. Declarations of Interest and Requests for Dispensations
None
3. Minutes of Previous Meetings
Members had not received the Minutes of the meeting of 25th January. Clerk to re-send
Resolved: to defer this to the next meeting
4. Update on Action Points from Previous Meetings
Resolved: to defer this to the next meeting
5. Public Representations
A landowner who had offered to investigate a report of plastic sheeting being blown into the hedge rows reported that none had been found. The Old School Committee reported on the recent management committee meeting and provided a copy of the most recent accounts.
6. Review of Standing Orders
Proposed amendments by AH and AE had been sent to members ahead of the meeting together with advice on the proposals from the Clerk.
Resolved: that the following amendments to Standing Orders be formerly proposed and voted on at the next meeting:
Paras 1 l, m and o be removed.
Para 3 h be amended as proposed
Para 3 l be removed
Para 3 q advice should be taken from HALC
Paras 5 a and c to remain unchanged
Para 9 f to remain unchanged
7. General Data Protection Regulations Working Group
Resolved: PA and MB appointed to the GDPR Working Group to ensure necessary actions taken to comply with the GDPR
8. Finance
a. Current Financial Position
It was noted that the bank statement as at 13/02/2018 showed the following balances:
Current Account £8,405.22
Parish Plan Account £356.63
The cash book for 2017/18 showed the following closing balances at 13/02/2018:
Current Account £8,297.23
Parish Plan Account £356.63
A bank reconciliation had been provided to members prior to the meeting.
b. Payments and Invoices
Resolved: to approve the payments in the Payment Schedule (see below)
c. Internal Auditor
It was noted that MR Ian Binns would not be able to undertake the internal audit this year due to ill health. The Clerk to make enquiries to identify a new auditor.
9. Planning
a. New applications
None
b. Recent Decisions
None
10. Highways
a. Works for the Lengthsman.
Resolved: a maintenance day’s work to be ordered.
b. Defects to be Reported to BBLP
No new defects to be reported
11. Correspondence.
Correspondence had been sent to members. In addition, the Clerk informed members of a letter received from a member of Ledbury Town Council which would be forwarded to members on request together with supporting information.
12. Supporting Information
Noted
13. Items for the Next Agenda
Resolved: the next meeting to be held on 17th May 2018.
• Standing Orders
• GDRP

Payment Schedule
Payments approved at the meeting 22nd March 2018
E Parry-Jones, salary increment (Feb-Mar @ £4.31 per month) £8.62
E Parry-Jones, ink cartridge, £8.00
E Parry-Jones, Laptop & software (funded from Transparency Fund grant) £465.97
Old School, venue hire 2017/18 £108.00
Herefordshire Council, election charge £962.53
HALC, annual subscription £366.18
Zurich, Insurance renewal £206.08