Minutes 19th July 2018

Present
Adrian Harvey (AH), Pam Apperley (PA), Mark Barry (MB), Julie Brandram Jones (JBJ)
Attending
2 members of the public, Ward Cllr Durkin, Liz Parry-Jones (LPJ) Clerk

The Chair being absent and no Vice-chair having been elected at the Annual Meeting it was decided by the members present that Adrian Harvey should chair this meeting.

1. Apologies for Absence
Apologies were received from Penny Brandram Jones (PBJ), Andrew Eames (AE), Tim Over (TO)
2. Election of Vice-chair person
Resolved: to elect Adrian Harvey as Vice-chairman
3. Declarations of Interest and Requests for Dispensations
None
4. Minutes of Previous Meetings
Resolved: to defer the approval of the Minutes of the meeting of 17th May 2018 until the next meeting
5. Update on Action Points from Previous Meetings
The transfer to PlusNet for the provision of broadband to the Old School is expected to be completed within approximately 10 working days.
6. Ward Cllrs Report
Cllr Barry Durkin spoke to his most recent Ward Report which had been forwarded to members prior to the meeting.
7. Public Representations
None
8. Request from the Old School Committee
A request had been received from for support from the Parish Council towards the refurbishment of the wooden floor in the Old School as expenditure of this level would use a significant proportion of its reserves. Three quotations for the work had been provided and seen by members prior to the meeting, the lowest price quote being from The Floor Restoration Company. It was noted that the Parish Council’s accounts showed that an amount of £2,000 of the reserves at the end of the 2017/18 financial year had been earmarked for community projects.
Resolved: to commission and pay for the refurbishment work to the Old School floor and to appoint The Floor Restoration Company to undertake the work.
9. Standing Orders
A draft of revised Standing Orders based on the most recent recommended template from HALC and incorporating the changes agreed at the meeting in March had been sent to members prior to the meeting
Resolved: to adopt the revised Standing Orders as drafted
10. Finance
a. Current Financial Position
It was noted that the bank statement as at 13/06/18 showed the following balances:
Current Account £8,147.64
Parish Plan Account £356.63
The cash book for 2017/18 showed the following closing balances at xxx:
Current Account £7,942.68
Parish Plan Account £356.63
A bank reconciliation had been provided to members prior to the meeting.
b. Payments and Invoices
Resolved: to approve the payments in the Payment Schedule (see below)
11. General Date Protection Regulations
a. Adoption of GDPR Policies
Resolved: to adopt the Data Protection Policy, Privacy Notice (short-form) and Privacy Notice (long-form) as drafted
b. Filing Cabinet Purchase
The Clerk outlined the need to have a lockable filing cabinet in order to ensure compliance with the Data Protection red
Resolved: To authorise the Clerk to purchase a new filing cabinet to a maximum cost of £79.99
12. Planning
a. New applications
i. P182186/RM – Approval of Reserved Matters. Land adjacent to Seven Acres, Kings Caple HR1 4TZ. Reserved matters following outline approval (151752) for two dwellings
Resolved: to submit the following comment “the Parish Council has no objection to the application providing that the query raised by the SLO can be satisfactorily resolved”
b. Appointment of Representative to Speak at a Planning Committee.
Members had been made aware that the application P174517/O Land adjacent to The Chalet, Fawley, may be referred to a Planning Committee.
Resolved: Adrian Harvey to speak on behalf of the Parish Council if application P174517/O is considered at a planning committee.
c. Recent Decisions
It was noted that application P181198 Land east of Pennoxstone, Agricultural building with access and landscaping (part retrospective), had been given consent. AH informed members that he had concerns about the manner in which the officers had made the decision
13. Highways
a. Report on Highways and Footpaths
PA reported that the Heritage Group had carried out some clearance work to the footpaths around stiles and gates. Defects had been noted and would be reported.
b. Report on PRoW Briefing
The Clerk reported on the recent PRoW presentation by BBLP including the current availability of replacement gates and stiles for installation by land owners.
c. Lengthsman Works
Resolved: Terry Griffiths Contracts to be requested to undertake a maintenance day and to agree with them a schedule of quarterly visits
d. Defects to be Reported to BBLP
No new road defects to be reported
14. Correspondence.
Correspondence had been sent to members prior to the meeting. AH declared an interest.
A copy of a letter from AH to Barry Durkin was considered which outlined what were felt to be errors by the determining officer.
Resolved: to write to the Herefordshire Council expressing concern at the manner in which this application had been determined.
15. Supporting Information
Noted
16. Items for the Next Agenda
None raised

Payment Schedule
Payments approved at the meeting 19th July 2018
E Parry-Jones, SLCC subscription (5/13ths of £115.00) £44.23